Sunday, April 1, 2012

Happy April Everyone!!

Happy April Everyone!!
The crocus and daffodils have sadly gone, giving room for the pretty tulips and hyacinths in my yard. I can't believe the bunnies haven't eaten them all like they did last year. They had a great meal on me...mowing my flowers down to the ground, leaving nothing but little nubby stems!! But not this year! So far anyways!!
I don't know about you but our weather here in Sharon, Pa has been going to extremes. One week it is hot in the 70s-80s then the next it's in the 30s-40s...Brr! We have even had a couple of frost advisories. I am ready for some consistency! Remind me of this when it is full blown summer and I am sweating in the 90 degree weather, panting and searching for some shade...
One of my favorite things to do outside is to paint my prim dolls. All winter long I sew my muslin creations and wait for the snow to melt so that I can go outside and paint them, then hang them in the trees or on the clothes line to dry. Like these new prim Vultures that I just made from a Chubs and Co. Pattern



It's so much nicer than trying to do that in the house without making a mess. Hubby dusted off my work table and brought it outside a few weeks earlier this year for me. He's oh so sweet!! So a painting I did!!
And so to make room for my newest additions, I am having a "Spring Sale" at my etsy shop...www.etsy.com/shop/angelbugprims.
Prices are getting slashed! I have reduced prices on 17+ items so far and I am not done yet! Everything from little bunnies to big mammy dolls. So come take a peek and see if there is anything that would make your prim home that much sweeter!

Yesterday was our very first show "The Covered Bridge" Craft Show. It was at the Reynolds High School and benefited their Key Club. I was super nervous and oh so excited! I didn't sell as much as I would have liked to and learned that you really have to come down on your prices for these shows. So hopefully the next show will be even better! Today I am a slight shade less green and have some experience under my belt!
I wanted to give a great big "Thank You" to everyone who came out to support us, it meant so much!!!



I love meeting new people! Especially crafters. It is amazing to me to see what can be made with just our hands and some imagination, oh the variety of hand crafted items at a craft show. There were things made that I wouldn't have ever thought to make! Such as fabric bowls, made on a basic sewing machine with cording and pretty fabrics and a zig zag stitch!
This new crafty friend that I made is Carolyn Parker and her business is Carolyn's Crafted Collection. She makes the most beautiful hand crafted fabric pottery. You can find her on Facebook, so stop on by and say hi and tell her Angelbugprims sent you!

Until next time, Happy Easter Everyone!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment