Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I scoff in the face of pressure!

I love to craft! I've been crafting as long as I can remember. I learned how to sew from Home ec. class (grade 5-12 religously). I loved it!! Thank you Mrs. Stacey!!
Some of my favorite things to make are soaps, candles, tote bags, quilts, pillows, tissue covers, dolls...the list goes on and on. If I don't know how to make something (I love a good challenge!) I study it and experiment and work, work, work at it until I get it right! My favorite way to learn is for someone to "show me" how to do something. I guess that makes me a visual learner and someone who appreciates you tube videos! So after viewing several very talented ladies sewing up a storm...I took to my craft room and picked out two complimentary fabrics and decided to make a messenger/hip bag. I began to measure and cut and pin and sew. A couple hours later I finished this...
 
 



Isn't it adorable?! You can find this for sale on etsy @ angelbugprims!! I just love how it turned out! So I decided to make an americana style bag also:
 
 


This will also be at angelbugprims on etsy!! along with a few other new creations I managed to complete this week!
Last week, I found myself working on out of season items, as you'll recall, so I pressured myself by promising to get back on track with my crafting. I needed to make Mother's Day, Americana and Springtime prims and crafts. Well, I did it! I finished 5 items! I scoff in the face of pressure! These two bags are just some of the items that will be newly listed on etsy.
I love to talk to new people and make new friends so drop me a line here or convo me on etsy and let me know what you think!!
 
One day, a few years back, I was wandering (blindly) around the internet, when I stumbled across a primitive site. I got all warm and tingly feeling in my belly and as this sensation flowed to my arms and legs and settled in my heart, I realized...I love prim! If you can see something old and rusty and appreciate the value and history of this unique item, you are a prim lover too and you know what I mean! and so now I buy new material and soak it in prim juice and bake it in the oven, paint it and sand it.
I take this new material and beat the living day lights out of it until it looks like it was dug up by an archeology dig studying pioneer days. No one ever said primitive crafting was sane! I wonder what the ladies of the 1800s would think of us crazy crafters nowadays?!
There are so many talented primitive artist that I have learned from online that I feel the need to give thanks...Thanks. Lilliemae's crafts (awesome site, everything's free!!), the sisterhood of Prim Chat Radio -listen to them on the 1st and 3rd Monday each month or check out the archived shows (funny ladies-guaranteed to make you laugh!!) and the talented group of crafters that would gladly and whole heartily answer any quandaries on a prim forum called a Primitive Journey started by a neat lady, Diane. and the very cool and prim ladies of my two etsy groups pafa and ofg teams! just to name a few...thanks girls!!
 
I'll check in next week but in the mean time, To all the Mama's out there...Happy Mother's Day!!! My dear hubby is taking me and a map and we are going antiquing!! Isn't he great!!! I'll let you know what I find!
C U Then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment