Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Fathers Day!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day! We had a cook out for my sweet Daddy and planted a lilac bush in his yard for his present. Dierdre baked a yummy raspberry pie for the occasion (thanks sweetie!) and hubby made his famous deviled eggs, yum! My son Cody and his girl Kayley came home from Cleveland and they started my day by jumping in bed with me!! Literally jumping and rolling, huggin and kissin! 8:30 am, in our quiet as a church house, giggles erupted! The sounds of pure bliss filled the house. If you are a mama and your child leaves the nest you know what I mean! and there is no better way to start your day, than opening your eyes and seeing the ones you love...home!!!

Why was I still asleep at 8:30 in the morn' you ask? Lazy Bones? No...not me! We went to the Mahoning Valley Scrappers home opener the night before. What fun! They didn't win but we'll get 'em next time!! I love watching the Scrappers play cuz they play from the heart! I don't think Justin and Dierdre watched the game at all though...they were too busy eating!!! hot dogs, french fries, ice cream! anything they could get their hands on! There was even someone dressed up as "where's Waldo" in the stands...we made Dierdre go grab him and say "I found Waldo!" for her ice cream cone. What? Parents are suppose to humiliate there kids and their friends, right?

I just knew that a fly ball would come straight at me so I warned my hubby and son to be ready to save mama and wouldn't you know it one did! I threw my jacket up over my head (like the prim chick-en that I am) and my dear sweet hubby threw his body over top of me! The ball was just inches above him and the person sitting behind us grabbed it! My hero!!!!!!! I'll have to bake that man a cake! I even got to see an old high school friend there, Ken Sakely. It was great to see him and catch up! We graduated in 1988...where has the time gone?! Moral of the story? Get out and have some fun!!!



I sold olde Charlie Barrett and his fishin pole (my ooak design) and this prim bear looking for honey (an olde homestead barn pattern by Vicki) over the weekend, thank you buyers!! I will work on getting more of these items back up for sale in my etsy shop...just as soon as I can!
Speaking of primitives! Have you signed up at my etsy shop to be entered into my open house's grand prize drawing yet? It is going to be held the weekend of the 16th and 17th of July. All you have to do is go to http://www.etsy.com/shop/angelbugprims and heart my shop! So hurry up, what are you waiting for? Well, you still have time, the deadline is July 17th! I will pick a name out of a hat and announce the lucky winner on July 18th. This is my very first open house and I'm very excited!!! I will be showcasing all new items (which I have been busy, busy, busy making!!!) at 25% Off, just for this weekend, door prizes and of course and as always FREE SHIPPING! I have been working on halloween dolls, black dolls, nodders and make dos and sooooo much more! So drop me a line with any questions or comments. My email is angelalk1@yahoo.com and you know that I love comments!!! Don't forget to sign up and tell your friends! C U Then!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Angel,
    I am not sure how I missed your blog but I am now your newest follower. Great idea for an open house-saw it on the OFG forum.
    I will try to be there!
    Enjoy your day,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barb, I just signed up for yours as well!! Hope to see ya at the open house and don't forget to heart me on etsy for an entry for the grand prize! Enjoy your day too! Angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Barb, I just signed up for yours as well!! Hope to see ya at the open house and don't forget to heart me on etsy for an entry for the grand prize! Enjoy your day too! Angel

    ReplyDelete